Saturday, December 13, 2008

in one breath and then more

I am at the top of the world right now, and if anyone would ask me about the best years of my college life I would say that it is the very first and last year of college because they are fraught with memories both bitter and sweet that I hold very close to my heart and yes I really and truly believe so because guess what the noose in my drawer has spider webs all over it now and I am glad to say that I now look forward to starting every day with my trademark oats n' milk breakfast shakes but today in the midst of scarfing down my mutton Kajang satays I saw the only thing that has been missing in my life and I realised how none of the awesomeness really mattered without that missing piece of puzzle and that cold as I have become I am still very much a romantic at heart.

Today I stood before an audience comprised of my lecturers, school officials and fellow engineering students to engage the participants of an ongoing forum at ProDEx in a debate which saw all of them being murdered by me. Today I received a phone call from my parents about my skyrocketing monthly phone bill which told tales of my increasingly expensive sms habit. Today someone told me how some people thought that I am no longer the same person I was and I knew that there were slivers of truth in it. Today I realised how cocky and confident I have become but I refuse to apologise for it just so that you could accomodate your insecurity. Today I want to give you the finger and tell you to go fuck yourself because we both know that I am better than you.