Friday, March 19, 2010

aurora



A crazy friend who has been trekking across Europe for the past six months just posted Facebook pictures of the northern lights, or Aurora, she took from Tromo, Norway.

Up till now I never really wished to travel Europe, because I view it as something trivial that goes down waaay below my list of priorities. These pictures triggered a want within me that I didn't even know existed. Perhaps I wanna just leave my responsibilities at the door for once, to be my crazy nomadic friend and travel the world aimlessly for six months while leaving the world to its squabbles and worries.

These pictures made me realise how I've lost my mojo, the one that kept me going through the late nights at work and early morning classes. It was something I tried to medicate that with the occasional trips to the bars chased down with a vodka mixer or ten, but not even Tiesto's bumping concert could remedy that.

I guess after all this, I just eventually grew tired of number crunching and fancy schmancy engineering software. I tire of having to balance my expenditure every week and project the numbers so I can afford a goddamn trip to Amsterdam. I tire of work and responsibilities and adulthood and the family's new Tanjung Bungah house loans and bright futures and I want to be a fucking hippie.

But in the end when all is said and done I will return to my responsibilities and weekly balance sheets just because I won't ever allow myself to be one. Sigh. Strange how an image of dancing colours in the sky could bring out the whining pansy in me.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

omg omg.. is this a post from thomas?? XD